-->

Friday, June 27, 2014

What I've been reading

Not really a Book Report, but I finally updated my current reading links,  As I posted below, NPCs is definitely recommended reading for the gaming crowd.  I read The Worm Ouroboros with every intention of doing a book report on a classic in the Fantasy genre, but frankly it's all potential and no delivery to me. (I know heresy to some.)

I recently finished Theodor Mommsen's A History of Rome, Mommsen being the dean of the 19th century German Latin scholars.  I really should do a formal write up on it, but in the mean time, I need to add it to Appendix N.  It's an important resource for anyone doing a Classical campaign.

In the meantime, I've started Victor Davis Hansen's Ripples of Battle, on the recommendation of the recently discharged Marine.  Anything by VDH is worth reading, in particular for wargaming and understanding of how non-European's have viewed conflict, I recommend his Carnage and Culture.

1 comment:

  1. Any other good reads lately?

    I've been slowly working my way through Plato's "Republic" and I picked up a Louis L'Amour omnibus the other day. I never thought I'd enjoy reading westerns, but here I am. :)

    ReplyDelete